Demos (Requires QuickTime)
- Powerful estimating capabilities
- Flexible contract management
- Full Web deployment
- Comprehensive transaction processing
- Extensive inquiry capabilities
- Complete integration
- Assign staff, material, subcontractors,
equipment, miscellaneous items and overhead to each project within the
- Set up complex estimates by specifying
the quantity (for example, hours), unit cost and billing rate (for time
and materials projects) for each staff member, material (inventory
item), subcontractor, equipment, miscellaneous item and overhead expense
allocated to a project. Assign the cost categories to which they apply
to automatically calculate cost and revenue estimates for each cost
category, or simply define the cost and revenue estimates for each
category within a project.
- Manage contracts or jobs at three levels
- contract (job), project (phase) and category.
- Maintain multiple projects or phases
within each contract and track multiple categories within each project.
- Change contract, project and category
names to match industry-specific terminology.
- Maintain multiple contracts or jobs per
- Use as many as five segments in your
contract numbers to represent types of contracts and divisions.
- Easily navigate through the projects and
categories within the contract using the optional Tree view.
- Choose from three different project
types - time and materials, cost plus and fixed price. Each project
within the contract can be a different type.
- Select the accounting method (revenue
recognition method) for each project within the contract. Choose from
total cost percentage complete, category percentage complete, labor
hours percentage complete, billings and costs, project percentage
complete, completed project or accrual-basis. Mix and match the project
types and accounting methods for very complex or simple projects.
- Specify begin and end dates for each
project to allow for timelines.
- Set up projects and categories that you
can use for default information.
- Assign each category to one of six cost
types (labor, material, equipment, miscellaneous, overhead and
subcontractor) to track costs at an appropriate level for your company.
- Assign up to seven progress statuses to
each contract and project. Choose from estimate, approved, open, on
hold, inactive, completed and closed.
- Close a project to billings and/or costs
at any time.
- Automatically override General Ledger
revenue account segments for each project and cost account segments for
- Easily set up a new contract using the
- Quickly create a new contract by copying
an existing contract.
- Maintain records for subcontractors,
equipment, staff, miscellaneous items, overhead expenses and charges
that can be assigned to any project. Record the Accounts Payable vendor
on each subcontractor record.
- Allocate overhead and labor burden to
- Specify whether each transaction is
billable, non-billable or no charge.
- Automatically create a customer's
invoice based on the transactions that are due to be billed.
- Review the generated billings for a
customer and make necessary changes before updating ACCPAC Advantage
Series Accounts Receivable.
- Bill a customer for different contracts,
projects and categories on the same Accounts Receivable invoice. Create
billings in the customer's currency.
- Transfer inventory items to a contract,
project and category and bill the customer for the inventory used.
- Return inventory items not used in a
project to inventory for availability on other projects.
- As equipment is used within a project,
record the cost and billing rate (for time and materials projects) of
the equipment so that you can bill the customer for usage.
- For small contracts, post contract
transactions directly to revenue and cost accounts using the
accrual-basis accounting method.
- Allow employees to easily manage their
time and billing records from any location (on site or at the office) by
entering timecards using an Internet browser.
- Approve employee timecards and expenses
before updating ACCPAC Advantage Series U.S. or Canadian Payroll.
- Record miscellaneous charges such as
service fees for time and materials projects.
- Update revenue and cost estimates at any
time with a full audit of all changes.
- Allow a project manager or another
designated employee approve each transaction before updating the
- Recognize revenue at the project level
and costs at the category level.
- Choose when to recognize revenue based
on GAAP requirements and your business needs.
- As actual costs are recorded, use the
comprehensive inquiry tools to determine whether the project is within
- Review the current state of each project
through the centralized inquiry capabilities. Review the project status,
profitability and estimate-to-actual comparisons.
- Track original estimates, current
estimates and actual amounts for each project.
- Track costs for labor, material,
equipment, subcontractor, miscellaneous item and overhead expense
- Track original estimates, current
estimates and actual amounts for staff, equipment, material,
subcontractors, miscellaneous items, overhead expenses and charges
assigned to the project.
- Drill down to the originating cost and
- Print comprehensive, customizable
reports to analyze project status and profitability.
- Integrates with ACCPAC Advantage Series
General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control
and U.S. and Canadian Payroll.