Demos (Requires QuickTime)
Your ACCPAC Advantage Series General
Ledger is the foundation of your accounting system.
ACCPAC Advantage Series General Ledger
boasts unprecedented flexibility to meet the needs of organizations of all
types and sizes. It provides a robust feature set designed to meet even the
most demanding budgeting and processing needs. You can customize General
Ledger by using the many tools inherent in the system, including a built-in
financial report writer that provides you with a timely picture of your
company's fiscal activities. General Ledger fully integrates with all
Advantage Series modules and is the key to maximizing the efficiency and
accuracy of your financial data. Advantage Series also runs through a
standard Web browser, so you can design and view financial statements
anytime, anywhere using an Internet browser.
- Flexible account structure
- Powerful budgeting capabilities
- Extensive comparative and historical
- Financial reporting
- Multicurrency support using the add-on
- Ability to drill down to originating
transaction in other modules
- Integrates with Microsoft Office
- Web-based or traditional ACCPAC desktop
Flexible Account Structure and Account
- Create alphanumeric account numbers as
long as 45 characters.
- Use segments to represent cost centers,
departments and divisions.*
- Flag general ledger accounts as inactive
to stop using them, but retain them in the system for historical and
- Tailor your processing needs through
high-level control over transaction entry, subledger batch editing,
listing and posting.
- Post transactions provisionally to the
general ledger to view the effect on financial statements.
- Post transactions to any past year for
which you maintain data.
- Consolidate transactions for selected
accounts during posting, or consolidate on an as-needed basis.
- Enter transactions from an Internet
- Allocate an account balance to multiple
accounts using specified percentages.
- Maintain separate periods for adjusting
and closing entries.
- Assign different retained earnings
accounts to different account segments.
- Allocate the balance of an account to
other accounts by account balance or account quantity such as square
- Post transactions from multiple
subledgers to a single control account.
- Drill down to the originating journal
entry and transaction from transaction history.
- Set up and schedule recurring journal
entries for transactions that you process on a regular basis.
- Drill down from unposted transactions to
originating subledger transactions.
- Use the Reminder List capabilities in
System Manager to remind staff to process recurring entries.
- Maintain quantities for each General
Powerful Budgeting Features
- Store different sets of budget figures
to project future needs and compare projections.*
- Lock periods to prevent unauthorized
- Automatically create budgets using
prior-year information, or choose from seven other computation methods.
Integration With Microsoft Office
- Create analytical reports, graphs and
charts in Microsoft Excel using information from General Ledger.
- Update budgets automatically from
- Create spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
showing actuals, budgeted and variance.
- Design reports in Microsoft Access to
- Create Microsoft PowerPoint
presentations with continually updated account information.
Powerful, Customizable Financial Reporting
- Integrate powerful financial diagnostic
and strategic analysis tools with ACCPAC CFO.
- Use the flexibility of Microsoft Excel
and the ACCPAC Financial Reporter to produce financial statements.
- Print consolidated statements, or print
statements for any accounting division represented by an account number
- Run provisional reports for a financial
snapshot prior to posting.
- Create a separate worksheet for each
code in a specific segment to view financial information specific to
each segment code.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, semi-annual
and annual comparative statements with any number of columns.
- Send financial statements via e-mail.
- Print financial statements by running
Advantage Series on a company intranet or using the Internet from any
Multicurrency Support Using the Add-On
Multicurrency Module** -
- Enter, import and post transactions in
all the currencies you use. General Ledger maintains functional currency
balances as well as balances of all other account currencies.
- Automatically revalue selected accounts
as exchange rates fluctuate.
- Use an unlimited number of currencies
for each General Ledger account.
Data Entry Made Easy
- Specify non-monetary amounts in journal
entries, such as square feet and number of employees.
- Auto-reverse entries to eliminate manual
tracking of accruals.
- Use the advanced macro facility to
automate repetitive procedures such as batch processing, month-end
processing and printing reports.
- Use the segment validation tables to
reduce data entry errors.
Investment Protection Plan
- Easily upgrade from any version of
ACCPAC Advantage Series or from ACCPAC Plus.