Demos (Requires QuickTime)
ACCPAC Advantage Series System Manager
is the central module of your accounting system.
The System Manager controls access to all
ACCPAC Advantage Series accounting applications and information. It is the
hub from which all the other applications operate and affects nearly
everything you do in Advantage Series – from establishing security to
searching for a record within a file. The System Manager includes tools to
ensure data integrity and complete processing. It also manages multi-company
functionality. Most System Manager functions are divided between
Administrative Services and Common Services. Managing security, checking
data integrity and activating applications are all Administrative Services
tasks. Common Services contains functions used by all applications,
including tax, bank, currency maintenance** and other tools to help users
work more productively. Together, these tools make it easy for you to
concentrate on the accounting aspects of your business and minimize the time
spent on administrative tasks and activities.
ACCPAC Advantage Series is a Web-based
solution that offers complete access to the accounting system through a
standard Web browser. As such, there is no client software and IT management
is centralized, resulting in lower overall maintenance costs. In addition,
the intuitive ACCPAC interface reduces the need for training. Advantage
Series provides an interface that is easy to understand, highly adaptable
and user-friendly. The application also provides the traditional ACCPAC
System Manager includes ACCPAC iConnect
Server. ACCPAC iConnect is a solution that provides employees, customers and
partners with secure anytime, anywhere access to your ACCPAC Advantage
accounting system. Remote access makes it easier to share information,
collaborate with your important contacts and offer comprehensive
self-service capabilities to make your business more efficient. For more
information on iConnect view the complete
Powerful Tools for All Applications
- Use the SOAP (Simple Object Access
Protocol) interface to the business logic objects to enable Web
- Use the Finder during data entry to
locate specific records. Search on key fields or look up descriptions by
first letters, narrowing the search as you type.
- Automate day-end processing or weekly
reporting with Advantage Series macros. System Manager includes a
"learn" mode, allowing easy automation of complex tasks using
- Create reports, customize standard
business forms and schedule reports using report customization tools
from Crystal Decisions (available separately).
- Automate recurring General Ledger,
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable transactions with the
Scheduling and Reminder List capabilities within System Manager.
- Remind users when recurring transactions
become due for processing, and process them directly from the Reminder
- Runs in a Web browser or in the
traditional ACCPAC desktop.
- Provides a Bank Services tool for true
- Provides a Tax Services tool for all of
your tax-processing needs.
- Integrates with Microsoft Office.
- Report customization tools from Crystal
Decisions are available.
- Supports IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server,
Oracle and Pervasive.SQL.
- Hosts VBA, a comprehensive development
tool that eases integration with other applications and provides a
powerful development tool for application customizations.
Integration With Microsoft Office
- Create mail-merge letters in Microsoft
Word using your Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable data.
- Create analytical reports, graphs and
charts in Microsoft Excel using information from Advantage Series.
- Automatically update budgets from
- Download current information from the
Internet to automatically update data.
- Obtain approval for purchase requests
through e-mail messages.
Shared Fiscal Calendars
- Set up fiscal calendars for 12 or 13
periods (plus closing and adjustment periods) that are shared by all of
your company's integrated accounting applications.
True Bank Reconciliation
- Manage banks and bank information.
- Reconcile bank statements and create
general ledger batches for deposit interest and bank service charges.
- Automate your bank reconciliation
process using Open Financial Exchange (OFX), a file format that lets you
download bank data electronically. If your bank has a Web site that
supports OFX and you have an Internet connection, you can download a
copy of your bank statement from your financial institution's Web site
and reconcile your statement automatically.
- Track checks and deposits from Accounts
Payable, Accounts Receivable and U.S. Payroll, and handle check
reversals and returns.
- Process transfers between banks.
Flexible Tax Processing
- Handle all tax computations and
reporting related to sales and purchases.
- Maintain all tax authorities and tax
classes for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Order Entry and
Purchase Orders in one place. Keep audit trails of all transactions and
provide centralized tax reporting.
- Calculate surtax on tax amounts for
specified tax authorities.
Data Protection and Data Integrity
- Use security groups to control access to
applications and specific functions within them.
- Set up security standards separately for
each application; give users different permissions for different
- Check data integrity for your company
data or for individual ledgers.
- Restart batch operations, such as
importing or posting, that were not completed successfully. System
Manager warns you of problems at logon and identifies where problems
Flexible Time-Saving Features
- Customize your desktop. Organize tasks
by business process and create your own startup group for Advantage
- Easily hide fields from certain users.
- Use macros to rearrange fields on entry
forms, change data-entry behavior and processing, or add business logic
and rules to data entry.
- Send printing to the screen, a file, a
printer or an e-mail address.
- Use a built-in pop-up calculator for
simple calculations without leaving your data-entry field.
- Rearrange and hide columns and change
- Maintain any number of system and
company databases in a single installation of any Advantage Series
- Share user, security and currency
information among several company databases, or create separate system
databases to support different security needs.
Investment Protection Plan
- Upgrade easily from any prior version of
ACCPAC Plus or any version of Advantage Series products.
For edition feature details, view the comparison
** Multicurrency is an add-on module.
Use of the iConnect Server as a data-entry solution requires the
purchase of applicable iConnect applets.